Adding a New User to Your Domain Emails
To add a new user to your domain email, you must have administrative privileges on your domain email account.
Creating the User Account
- Once logged in, click the Domain Settings icon (gear with globe in bottom-left hand corner)
- In the left hand menu, select Accounts
- While in the Users category, select the button below titled New
- In the pop-out box, enter the Username of the new account. This will be everything that displays before the @ symbol
- Enter in a secure Password, and re-enter the password to confirm
- Click Save
Once saved, you will be brought to the account settings page where you may configure the account as necessary.
Setup Email Forwarding
- Under the Forwarding section, you can set up emails to forward to another email address by toggling the Enable Automated Forwarding switch on
- Enter in the Forwarding Address that should receive emails sent to your new domain address. You can now add additional recipients to receive these messages by simply entering additional addresses in the fields
- Select the Forward Method as Normal
- Turn the toggle on for Delete Messages when forwarded. This ensures your inbox storage does not increase unnecessarily which can cause issues in receiving mail
Setup User Settings
- Under the User area, enter in the appropriate Time Zone
- Add in the Reply-To Email Address. This address will be used when the recipient replies to a message that was sent via webmail and is the same as the email address you have just created
- Enter the Recovery Email Address that should be used if the user gets locked out of the account
Accessing your Domain Email Hosted by ComWeb
This article will cover all of the different ways you can access or configure your new domain email hosted by ComWeb. First, some basic definitions Email User Account - This is a "real" email account. You can send and receive emails from this ...
Managing Aliases on Your Domain Email
To add, modify, or delete an email alias, you must have administrative access on your domain email account. Email aliases are addresses that are not connected to an account. They cannot be logged into, and there is no storage area on the email server ...
Managing Users on Your Domain Emails
To add, modify, or delete an email user, you must have administrative access on your domain email account. Email user accounts are true email accounts where a user may log in, storage messages, and respond directly from that email address. They are ...
Manage Email Senders
Many areas of the website use the senders that are created on the site to generate emails, form submissions, and general notifications. In order to set up or manage these senders, you will need to follow these steps: Select the Welcome drop down ...
Configure IMAP for iPhone or iPad
The iPhone and iPad supports IMAP. IMAP will allow you to retrieve emails and folders from SmarterMail and leave the emails on the server. Follow these steps to create a SmarterMail IMAP connection to an iOS device with Firmware 5.0.x: On the ...