Creating an Event Sign Up List
This article will guide you through creating an event that allows members to sign up to attend.
Creating the Event
Navigation: Welcome Drop Down Menu > Site Admin > Modules > Calendar
- Select the Community Events tab
- Click the button for Add New Event
- In the General tab enter the event details. Click here if you would like more details on these fields.
- In the Signup Options tab, select Yes for Is Signup Required
- In the General tab, you will need to configure the following fields:
- Leave Event Owner Usercodes as is
- Select the Start Time and End Time that you will allow users to sign up for the event
- Enter in the Maximum Attendees and Maximum Children if applicable
- Enter in the Cost for Adults and Cost for Children if applicable. **Please note, the system is unable to take payments for events, this is for display purposes only
- If you would like to display a list of who is registered for the event, select Yes for Show Registration List
In the Notification tab, you will need to configure the following fields:
Enter in any email address(es) which should receive an Email Notification upon User Registration. Separate multiple emails with a ;
Select who needs to receive notification such as Only Event Admin, Only Registrant, or Both
Enter in the Response Content that should be included in the email notification.
Configuring the Signup Fields
Once your event has been created, you can navigate to the list of community events. You will see that there is now a flag on the event that states Sign Up Required.
If you hover over the event, you will also see the number of people signed up for the event, an option to send a reminder email, and the available fields.
- Locate the event, and select the Fields button
- In the list of entries, you may edit any necessary fields by clicking the Edit Pencil to the right of a field
- You may change the name of the field by entering in the desired text in the Prompt area
- Choose if the field is required in order to submit the registration
- Select the type of field in the Control Type drop down. You may select Text Box, Drop Down List, Option Button List, Check Box, or Date
- If you would like to hide or display a field, you may do so by selecting yes or no in the Is Displayed section
- Enter in a Default Value if you would like to have a default choice
- You may set the Width of the field
- If using Drop Down List or Option Button List, enter in the Selection Value options separated with a ;
- Click Update
Creating the Event Signup Page
Now that the sign-up portion of the event is configured, let's create a page where the signup form will exist.
Navigation > Welcome Drop Down > Page List > Add New Page
- Under General Settings, enter in the Page Title and Menu Item Label. You may also configure any additional fields desired
- Select the Assign Page Modules tab
- In Position 2, select Event Signup [Modern]
- Select the correct Event Signup Parameter
- Click Publish Page
Link the Signup Page to the Event
The final step is to link your new signup page to the event!
- When you are still on the event signup page, copy the URL of the page
- Open the Welcome Drop Down and click Site Admin
- Select Modules and then Calendar
- In the Community Events tab, click the edit pencil for the event
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab
- Paste the URL into the Registration Link box
- Click Update
Creating an Events Calendar
This article will guide you in creating a events calendar, where no reservations are required. First you will create the calendar, then you can create events for the calendar. First you must create a new calendar, follow the steps below to do so. ...
How to Add an Event to the New Calendar Module
This article will show you how to add an event on the Facility Reservation Calendar. In the new facility reservation system, there are two types of blocks: Reservations: for resident use, such as general clubhouse or tennis reservations. This ...
How to maintain events
How to edit/delete events once they are created. 1. Click on the "Welcome" menu 2. Click on "Site Admin" 3. Click on the "Modules" tab 4. Click on the "Events" tab 5. To Edit the event click on the pencil icon 6. To Delete the even click on the ...
How to Configure Pool Signups for Your Community
We've heard from many of our customers about the challenges they face trying to navigate opening up amenities while trying to follow social distancing guidelines. ComWeb is excited to introduce a new feature designed to help solve some of these ...
Creating a Distribution List
This article will show you how to create a new Distribution List for communication with specific members of your Association. There are two (2) types of distribution lists you can create: Member Distribution Lists: This option allows you to create a ...