Creating Document Libraries and Uploading Documents
This article will cover how to create a new document library, upload documents, and remove or rename a document
You must be logged in with an administrative account in order to perform these actions.
Creating a New Document Folder
- Click on the Welcome Drop Down Menu
- Click on Document Admin from the drop down menu
- Click the +Add New Document Library button. This will open the document Library Configuration Page.
- Type in the Document Library Name and Description.
- Select the Category and Viewable By permissions.
- ***General Content & Public/Everyone will make the document library viewable by anyone who visits your site.
- ***Member Related & Registered Users Only will make the Document Library viewable only by members who are actively logged into the website
- ***Board Related & Category Members will make the Document Library viewable by Members assigned Board Privileges only.
- You can select a Display End Date if you would like this to be a temporary Document Library
- You can type in a Library URL ending if you would like to be able to link the Document library as a whole into the menu bar or a hyperlink, although this is unnecessary
- Click the +Add/View Document Button to access the library contents.
Adding Documents and Subfolders to a Document Folder
If you just created a new folder using the steps above, you can jump to step 5
If you are adding or removing documents to an existing folder, please follow the steps below.
How to Create a Library and Add Documents
You must have administrative capabilities in order to perform the actions below. Go to the administrative section of the Portal (comwebportal.com/admin) Select the Documents tab from the menu Select the association by either typing the name or ...
Adding a Document Library/Folder to Specific Pages
If you would like to add a Document Library or Folder to a specific page follow the steps below. This can be useful for Associations with Committees that would like to keep their documents separated. Go to the individual page you would like to add ...
How to Manage the Document Library as a Board Member
As a Board Member you have the ability to create new folders with the option to select whether it is visible by board members, residents, or both and upload documents. How to create a folder and add documents: 1. From the menu click on Go to Board ...
How To: Add Documents and create Libraries
Document Libraries The video above shows you how to create and maintain document libraries
Trouble opening PDF documents in a browser
The most convenient way of storing and displaying documents on the internet is the Acrobat Reader from Adobe. These are commonly referred to as PDF files referring to the format Adobe invented, the Portable Document Format. Recent changes in many ...